A Brief Introduction

What can say about me, you ask? 

I'm a little bit too cautious to be cocky
A little too Erkle to be Rocky
A little bit too short to scary
A little bit too nice
A little bit to hairy

Sometimes I spit when I talk
Sometimes I trip when I walk
Sometimes I think with my heart
Sometimes I think with my...

I'm nothing if not
Confounding
Confusing
Amusing
Paradox
So fuck your box
I'm not getting in it

What do I like, you ask?

I like dark skinned women
And ice cream with cinnamon
Words that break backs
Drums that boom bap
Like a KRS-One rap
Plots so thick you'd swear you had a heart attack
Mountains so big you'd swear it was a Cadillac


I like Godson across the belly
And Gershwin
And cursing like motherfucking Irish Sailor
Books by Hemingway
Snow on Christmas Day
Sneakers by MJ
Lay, Lady, Lay
Vatos that say orale 
And the Portrait of Dorian Gray


What do I stand for, you ask?

The deepness of dreamers in the twilight hour.
Crying is no weakness,
But the greatest of powers.
A woman is not a thing,
But a warrior queen.
Always seek truth
The wisdom of youth
My Nana Ruth
Firm handshakes
Thin burnt pancakes
Warm summer lakes
And the fallacy of sin
The beauty of imperfection
The courage to begin
Not being pretentious
Passion being infectious
And, "that good love."


What can I offer you, you ask?

Little
Almost nothing
Patience
Laughter
Bad jokes
And the knowledge that if the world burns
I will stand beside you
Look you in the eye
and lie
Telling you that everything will be alright















Comments

Popular Posts